United Shopfront has been providing clients with exceptional UPVC windows. Our staff have over 30 years of combined experience in producing and installing premium quality uPVC double-glazed windows.
What is UPVC? UPVC stands for unplasticized polyvinyl chloride, which is a material widely used in the construction industry. It’s a form of PVC that’s been stabilized to make it more durable and resistant to UV rays, weathering, and other environmental factors. UPVC is an excellent material for windows because it’s strong, lightweight, and doesn’t require painting or sealing
Submit Your Details
Types of UPVC Windows
Casement windows: Casement windows are the most popular type of UPVC window. They’re hinged on one side and open outwards, providing excellent ventilation and natural light.
Sliding windows: Sliding windows slide horizontally, making them ideal for spaces with limited vertical clearance. They’re easy to operate and provide a modern, streamlined look.
Tilt and turn windows: Tilt and turn windows can be tilted inwards for ventilation or fully opened inwards for cleaning. They’re a versatile option that combines functionality with style.
Our UPVC windows have a glazing capacity of up to 28mm in thickness. This means that an almost infinite choice of glazing configurations is available. You can choose which window needs protection from noise and/or UV glare. Here are some reasons why you should choose our products for your home:
- Experience and Quality Our staff have over 30 years of combined experience in producing and installing UPVC windows. We take pride in our workmanship and quality of materials. Our products are made to last and are backed by a comprehensive warranty.
- Versatile Glazing Options Our windows have a glazing capacity of up to 28mm in thickness, which means we can offer an almost infinite choice of glazing configurations. You can choose the level of protection from noise and/or UV glare that you require. We also offer tinted, toned, obscure, or high-performance laminated glass options.
- Low Maintenance Our UPVC windows do not require any maintenance apart from occasional cleaning. Our products are designed to be hassle-free, saving you time and money.
- Easy to CleanWe offer Tilt & Turn windows that can be fully opened to clean the outside from the inside, eliminating the need for ladders. Our Casement windows have hinges that allow you to move the sash to clean the outside from the inside. Our profiles will never need to be painted, saving you even more time and money.
- Tailored to Your Needs We specialize in making windows that are tailored to your specific needs. We can accommodate any size and design, from arched windows to circular windows. We can also insert colonial bars and create irregular triangles. We will work with you to create the perfect look for your home.
- Extensive Range of Windows We offer an extensive range of windows to choose from, including Tilt & Turn, Casement, Awning, Sliding, Bi-Fold, Tilt & Slide, and more. Our products come in a variety of colours and finishes to complement the style of your home.
- Energy EfficiencyOur UPVC windows are energy efficient, helping to reduce your heating and cooling costs. Our products are designed to keep your home comfortable year-round, no matter what the weather is like outside.
- SecurityOur products are designed with your security in mind. We use multi-point locking systems and toughened glass to keep your home safe and secure. Our products meet or exceed all relevant industry standards and regulations.
Maintenance of UPVC Windows
UPVC windows are low maintenance, but they still require occasional cleaning to keep them looking their best. Here are some tips for maintaining your UPVC windows:
- Clean them regularly with warm soapy water and a soft cloth.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners or solvents, as they can damage the UPVC material.
- Lubricate the hinges and locks every six months to keep them functioning smoothly.
- Check the weather stripping regularly and replace it if it’s worn or damaged.
- Keep the tracks of sliding windows and doors free of dirt and debris to prevent them from getting stuck.
Cost of UPVC Windows
The cost of UPVC windows varies depending on the size, style, and features you choose. However, UPVC windows are generally more affordable than other materials, such as aluminium or timber. They’re also a long-term investment that can save you money on energy bills and maintenance costs in the long run.